Monday 30 September 2013

Evaluation of Preliminary Task

Front Cover:
For my front cover I wanted to use an olympic theme while also sticking to the school colour scheme. I used gold text to symbolise Gemma winning her Gold Medal at the Olympic games. As you will see on the front cover, everything about Gemma's success is put in gold to make the reader know that whenever they see gold text, the story will be about Gemma's triumph. This gives the audience a sense of repition and cosistency. The back image of Gemma with the football raised in one hand links in with the sport/compition theme of this weeks edition of the school magazine. Also, Tara in the bottom corner appears to be celebrating something which also links in with the compition theme. I use a vast amount of repition in the front cover to keep it simple but effective.

Sell Lines:
I use various senatances, especially in the front cover, which attracts the audiences attention. For example "See why Tara is so excited". The reader than sees this and then is enticed to open the magazine and see why Tara is celebratng. Also, I used Gemma to give a breif person profile, without giving away the majority of the story. I used "more on Page 8" so then the audience will have already read Gemma's profile and a bit of the story and then will want to carry on reading.

Contents Page:
For my Contents Page i used the same colour scheme as the front cover. Again this reminds the audience of what they are expecting to get from my magazine. I wrote the page numbers next to the description and title of each feature to allow the reader to skip to whichever feature interests them most. I included one main image on the contents page as I didn’t want to fill it up to much, I thought keeping it simple would look more professional as it’s only the contents page.
What would I do better?
Next time making a magazine I would ensure I don’t use an iPhone to take the images as they came out quite fuzzy and didn’t look as professional as they would if I used a professional camera. I’d use a wider variety of images on the contents page and include more of the page numbers so that they didn’t have to flick through the magazine finding what they wanted. The contents page in my opinion is the page which needs the most work and imoprovement.

No comments:

Post a Comment